Vehicle bomb kills 3-year-old in Turkey, wounds 15

Turkish authorities detained 26 people over a auto bomb attack in the southeastern town of Viransehir, the provincial governor's office said on Saturday.

Tuna said a young male - about 18-20 years of age - parked the vehicle bomb near the housing complex.

Police and ambulances have been sent to the scene to tend to the wounded.

It has not yet been reported if a group has claimed responsibility for the bombing.

The child who died in the blast was the son of a court clerk, he said.

Trump's Travel Ban Suffers Yet Another Setback
The ruling comes after a similar injunction imposed by a judge in Washington state. The Yemeni men have since been allowed to enter the United States.


The injured were taken to local hospitals.

Three months later, authorities arrested 21 people there suspected of plotting attacks in the country.

Sanliurfa governor Azim Tuna confirmed to the Anadolu agency that PKK was behind the attack, adding that a nearby housing complex had been "severely damaged".

"This terrorist attack was carried out against not only the judiciary but also our law, our justice, our nation, and our unity. No terrorist organization or terrorist attack will deter Turkey's fight against terror", Bozdağ posted on Twitter.

Turkey has been hit by a series of violent attacks since the summer of 2015, which were blamed on the Islamic State group or Kurdish militants.

  • Sonia Alvarado