Romelu Lukaku rejects Everton contract, Chelsea rumors intensify
- Author: Lawrence Cooper Mar 16, 2017,
Mar 16, 2017, 0:41
The Belgian striker doesn't want to renew his contract with Everton, so the club will need to sell him in the summer transfer window.
Just how Lukaku's future is played out over the coming months threatens to overshadow the remainder of the season for Everton, who were left reeling by Tuesday's turn of events.
NSNO understands that despite apparent comments from Romelu Lukaku that he would not be signing a new deal at Everton this summer, a deal is still in discussions with his representatives.
Last month Lukaku's agent, Mino Raiola, stated his client meant to snub interest from Chelsea and commit his future to Everton.
Lukaku has become one of the most prolific strikers in the Premier League since joining Everton from Chelsea on an initial loan deal in 2013 before his move was made permanent the following summer.
A new contract will see the Merseysiders break the £100,000-a-week wage barrier to make Lukaku the best-paid player in their history.
Last week that expectation looked to have been realised when Everton's major shareholder was quoted as saying a five-year contract had been agreed.
Connecticut Catholics respond to Pope's openness to married priests
USA church experts said the lack of priests affects not just remote areas but suburban and urban regions packed with Catholics. The Pope reportedly told German Weekly, "we must think about whether (ordaining some married men is) a possibility".
The Belgium worldwide is thought to be desperate to play in the Champions League, and is fully aware that that ambition is unlikely to be matched in the next few season at Everton.
"So I wouldn't put it past Chelsea to go back in for Lukaku".
It's also worth remembering that while Lukaku's goals have taken Everton a long way towards securing European football next season.his manager and team-mates have provided him with the platform to excel.
For Everton, this is devastating news.
Chelsea are not too keen to do business with Romelu Lukaku's agent Mino Raiola and Antonio Conte has other forwards on his shortlist ahead of the Belgian.
However, tonight word is circulating that the 23-year-old forward, who still has two years to run on his current Toffees contract, has pulled out of negotiations as he has "no desire" to sign an extension. "No-one should worry, he is our player".