US Delays Huawei Ban for 90 Days
- Author: Darren Santiago May 22, 2019,
May 22, 2019, 0:44
Ren Zhengfei, founder and CEO of Huawei, gestures during a round table meeting with the media in Shenzhen city, south China's Guangdong province, Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019.
The US Commerce Department blocked Huawei Technologies Co Ltd from buying US goods last week, saying the firm was involved in activities contrary to national security.
The move also could assist mobile service providers in thinly populated areas of the United States, such as Wyoming and eastern OR, that purchased network equipment from Huawei in recent years.
Huawei to get software updates for the next three months despite US Govt banBy Semi Turaga Tuesday 21/05/2019Huawei phone. However, it is still barred from buying American technology to produce new products.
"We hope to work with the administration to broaden the scope of the license", he said, so that it advances USA security goals but does not undermine the industry's ability to compete globally and remain technology leaders.
"The current practice of U.S. politicians underestimates our strength", Ren said, according to transcripts from state-run media. "This is not a capitulation".
"I think this is a reality check", said Washington trade lawyer Douglas Jacobson.
The Commerce Department said it will evaluate whether to extend the license period beyond 90 days.
Question: Will this have an impact on Huawei's existing sales? Huawei has pleaded not guilty.
New Video Surfaces In Confrontational Traffic Stop That Led To Woman’s Sucide
Bland exited the auto but continued to record the traffic stop as Encinia ordered her to get off the phone. Wow ..." "Open up the case, period", Bland's sister Shante Needham said after seeing the video.
Bloomberg News reported that US-based chipmakers Intel, Qualcomm, Broadcom and Xilinx have indicated they would halt shipments to the Chinese firm which is the world's number two smartphone maker and a leader in telecom infrastructure and super-fast 5G networks.
As we and other outlets reported on Sunday, Google made a decision to largely cut ties with Huawei, which means the company has lost its Android license and that its devices will no longer receive Android updates. Now with there being a very real possibility that Huawei could lose access to Google apps/services, new information has come out regarding the company's backup plan. The gist of his comments - blame Trump, not Google.
The temporary license also allows disclosures of security vulnerabilities and for Huawei to engage in the development of standards for future 5G networks. While the ban will affect the sale of Huawei phones in US, Europe and other parts of the world, at the same time it will also impact the sale of iPhones in Apple's biggest market - China.
Following Trump administration's move to ban trade deals with the United States, it will undoubtedly make it extremely hard for Huawei to do business with USA companies.
"We will continue to build a safe and sustainable software ecosystem, in order to provide the best experience for all users globally".
Here are some of doubts which the Chinese telecom firm has clarified.
"Apple has a good business ecosystem". In terms of a timeline, Richard Yu stated that it could be ready as soon as this autumn, thus suggesting the flagship Huawei Mate 30 Pro could ship with the operating system rather than Android 10 Q as previously expected.
The US Commerce Department has stated that the temporary licence is meant to give telecoms companies which rely on Huawei time to make other arrangements.
John Neuffer, president of the Semiconductor Industry Association which represents U.S. chipmakers and designers, called on the government to ease Huawei restrictions further.