Complainant drops lawsuit against Kevin Spacey in 'grope' case

Reuters is not identifying the accuser because he is an alleged victim of sexual assault.

The former MA busboy who accused Kevin Spacey of sexual assault has abruptly dropped his lawsuit against the actor, his lawyer said Friday.

The civil case was dismissed with prejudice, meaning Spacey's accuser can not refile the case later. Garabedian didn't elaborate on why the complaint had been dropped. Reason for the dismissal was not provided by Garabedian or in the court filing, and the lawyer told the outlet he would have no further comment on the matter.

Spacey is still expected to go to trial this fall on a charge of indecent assault stemming from the incident.

The Oscar victor has denied the allegations.

His attorney, Alan Jackson, has alleged that the victim has a financial motivation to make up an allegation against his client. Spacey's lawyer did not respond to a request for comment.

Yankees Break MLB Record For Most Consecutive Games With HR
The All-Star candidate Lucas Giolito holds himself to a high standard, taking the majority of the blame in the White Sox' loss. X-rays were negative so the diagnosis as of now is an ankle sprain and the White Sox appeared to have dodged a bullet.


She accused Mr Spacey of buying her then 18-year-old son alcohol - the drinking age in MA is 21 - and then groping him.

Before dismissing the civil lawsuit, the accuser said Spacey caused him extreme emotional distress such that he was unable to fully recall the details of the summertime encounter with the "House of Cards" star.

Spacey is one of dozens of men in the entertainment industry, business and politics who have been accused of sexual misconduct following the emergence in 2017 of the #MeToo movement.

As they stood next to a piano, Spacey groped him, he told investigators. The defence has said it needs to recover text messages to support Spacey's innocence.

The defense and the accuser, whom ABC News has not named because he says he was sexually assaulted, have been fighting over evidence, including the cell phone the accuser used the night of the alleged assault.

The case has focused recently on the accuser's phone. The judge has ordered the accuser, his parents and Garabedian to attend a hearing on Monday if it can not be found.

  • Michelle Webb