29th case of coronavirus confirmed in Ontario
- Author: Sonia Alvarado Mar 10, 2020,
Mar 10, 2020, 0:29
A woman in her 60s, who returned from France on March 2, presented herself to Scarborough Health Network - General Site on Saturday, health officials said in a news release.
So far, 2,403 people have been tested for COVID-19 in Ontario and there 34 confirmed cases.
Toronto's Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Eileen De Villa, sent out a letter to the school's community members over the weekend about the virus.
"We take our lead from Toronto Public Health, and they have not recommended any additional precautions outside of what was outlined for the community in the letter", he said.
Supreme Court takes up 1st big abortion case of Trump era
Julie Rikelman, litigation director at the Center for Reproductive Rights, urged the court to follow the Texas result. In a 2-1 ruling, the court said Louisiana's law would present far less of an obstacle than the Texas law would have.
"At this time, the virus is not circulating locally", officials said. The web page will also now include general information on each new confirmed case of COVID-19, including gender, age, public health unit, hospital (if applicable), where acquired and status.
Hopkins says the risk to Peel citizens remains low. On Saturday, the province announced six new cases of the virus, pushing B.C.'s total number of confirmed cases up to 27.
Several Ontarians who contracted COVID-19 had travelled to various parts of the United States as well. "As a result, we recommend social distancing and forgoing usual greetings".
Alberta's third presumed case of the virus is a man who had recently been on a Grand Princess Cruise before returning to the province on February 21, the province's press release said.
Anyone identified to have possibly had close contact with the infected individual will be contacted directly.